FOUNDATION CERTIFICATE IN ACCOUNTING
AAT's highly established, industry recognised accounting and finance qualifications consists of three levels — foundation, advanced and professional.
The foundation qualification covers basic accounting principles and techniques, from costing and double-entry bookkeeping to using accounting software.
The Foundation Certificate consists of:
• Bookkeeping Transactions
• Bookkeeping Controls
• Elements of Costing
• Work Effectively in Finance
• Using Accounting Software
Topics covered include:
1. Processing payments and receipts.
2. Preparing invoices.
3. Completing bank reconciliations.
4.Using accounting software.
5. Effective business communications skills including letters, memos and informal reports.
The Foundation Certificate will suit you if:
✓ you work in accounts and would like a formal qualification in the field
✓ you would like to acquire new skills to help with a change in your career
✓ you're a school leaver looking for an introduction to accounting and finance.